Requirements and Skills Include:
- 1. Recording patient’s medical history accurately
- 2. Taking and recording measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate etc.
- 3. Observing patients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications etc.
- 4. Caring for individuals and injured people in a professional and considerate manner.
- 5. Administer injections, prescribed medications, enemas etc., clean and dress wounds and assist with other basic medical care tasks.
- 6. Excellent knowledge of medical and hospital terminology.
- 7. Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team.
- 8. Good knowledge of MS Office and data entry.
- 9. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills